Investor FAQs

What is Olin’s ticker symbol and on what exchange is Olin common stock listed?
Olin’s ticker symbol is OLN, and Olin has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1917.

I know the cost basis of the Dow shares that were tendered and converted into Olin shares, but how do I determine the cost basis of my Olin shares?
Click here to download Form 8937 and instructions to determine the cost basis of the Olin shares you received as a result of the tendering your Dow shares.

What is the CUSIP number for Olin’s common stock?
The CUSIP number for Olin common stock is 680665205.

How do I buy Olin stock?
You may purchase shares of Olin stock through any stockbroker/dealer agent. At this time, Olin does not offer a direct purchase program.

Does Olin pay a stock dividend?
Yes, Olin currently pays a stock dividend.

Does Olin have a dividend reinvestment plan?
Yes. Please click here to Request Investor Material to obtain information on the dividend reinvestment plan for Olin.

Who should I contact regarding my stock certificate(s)?
Owners of Olin stock should contact their stockbroker/dealer agent or Olin’s stock transfer agent, EQ Shareowner Services, for questions regarding their stock certificates.

Who is Olin’s transfer agent?
Effective January 25, 2010, EQ Shareowner Services became Olin’s transfer agent and registrar.
Please use the following information to contact EQ Shareowner Services with any questions you may have concerning your Olin common stock:For written inquires:

EQ Shareowner Services
PO Box 64874
St.Paul, MN 55164-0874


EQ Shareowner Services
1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Suite 101
MAC N9173-010
Mendota Heights, MN 55120

By Phone: (800) 468-9716 or (651) 450-4064


What kind of assistance can the Transfer Agent, EQ, provide?

Olin’s Transfer Agent, EQ, can provide answers to the following questions:

  • Number of shares owned
  • Share issued dates
  • Outstanding certificates
  • Certificate cancelation
  • Cost basis of shares
  • Share transfer information
  • Validity of old stock certificates
  • Finding or replacing stock certificates
  • Last dividend payments
  • Copy of form W-9
  • Accessing account online
  • Change name on
  • Add a joint tenant to my account
  • Changing my address
  • Transferring shares from a deceased relative
  • Transferring shares to someone else include a broker
  • Signing up for ACH
  • Replacement of a lost dividend check
  • Signing up for dividend reinvestment
  • Purchasing or selling shares

How may I obtain information about my account?
If you are a registered shareholder of Olin stock, you may be able to obtain information on your account by contacting EQ Shareowner Services by telephone toll free at (800) 468-9716 or (651) 450-4064, or online at

What is the difference between a registered shareholder and a beneficial shareholder?
A registered shareholder holds shares of stock directly in their name, in certificate or in book-entry form, and is listed on the records of a corporation as owner of the corporation’s stock. A beneficial shareholder holds the shares of a corporation in the name of a stockbroker/dealer agent, custodian, or bank nominee but enjoys the benefits of ownership that a registered shareholder would have.

I have my original Olin stock certificates. What should I do with them?

You can hold them in safekeeping or send them to EQ Shareowner Services, which will hold them for you in safekeeping or will hold them via book entry or direct registration at your request. Address to:

EQ Shareowner Services
PO Box 64874
St. Paul, MN 55164-0874

When sending certificates we recommend that you use certified or registered mail insured for two percent of their value.

How do I request a duplicate 1099-DIV?
1099-DIVs will be attached to the last dividend check paid each year by Olin’s transfer agent and registrar. They are mailed out to registered shareholders by EQ Shareowner Services. Registered shareholders who need duplicate copies after January 31 should contact EQ Shareowner Services by telephone toll free at (800) 468-9716 or (651) 450-4064 or online at

How do I get the history of Olin stock prices?
For historical stock price information please visit our Stock Quote page.

How do I get the history of Olin’s quarterly common stock dividends?
Please click Olin Dividends to view the quarterly common dividend rate per share since June 1969.

Olin has had several spinoffs; when did those occur and what was the cost basis of the stock of Olin and the companies spun off at the time of their spins?
Please click Olin spin-offs to view which companies were spun off during Olin’s history and information relating to those spin-offs.

When did Olin have stock splits?

Olin has had three stock splits:

  1. Reverse 1 for 2 split on May 31, 1974
  2. 2-for-1 stock split on September 9, 1977
  3. 2-for-1 stock split on October 30, 1996

When is your next earnings release?
Refer to the calendar on the Investors page.


Investor Contacts

Investor Relations
Phone: +1.314.719.1755

Transfer Agent
EQ Shareowner Services
PO Box 64874
St. Paul, MN 55164-0874


EQ Shareowner Services
1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Suite 101
MAC N9173-010
Mendota Heights, MN 55120

Phone: +1.800.468.9716 or +1.651.450.4064

If you’re interested in receiving investor communications from Olin, please complete the following: